Sunday, March 1, 2015

Topic of interest

  1. Choose any topic of interest that we have discussed in class (or not discussed, if you have a new one)  in relation to The Great Gatsby and explore it further. Use textual evidence to support your ideas.
A topic that I really enjoyed talking about in class was the concepts of the subconscious. It really interested me all the theories there are about the subconscious. For example the idea that every night when you fall asleep you actually die and are just given a new body with the same memories, or that you can't really prove anything behind you or is out of your vision range is real that just every time you turn your head your brain is just creating it all. The topic kind of just blew my mind. That maybe I'm in a coma and that everyone and everything is just a figment of my imagination. These philosophical thoughts are just fun and crazy to think about. The beginning of thinking these things really kind of shook people. For so long the world was that the world revolved around us and that God made us and to start thinking that well maybe that isn't true kind of knocked people off their pedestals and really made people think. I can't even imagine having the whole aspect of life all of sudden being questioned. This topic really interests me and I hope to research and learn more about it. I don't have any textual evidence of this in Gatsby because I didn't receive my copy of the book back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment