Sunday, March 8, 2015

Brighter Bites

A couple weeks ago the 9th and 10th grade students went on an outing to Kashmere Gardens Elementary School. We were there to help with the Brighter Bites program. The Brighter Bites program gives families who live in food deserts, food during the school week. When we got there we helped unload the food bank truck. It was a lot of fruits and vegetables. Once we unloaded all the food and arranged it in the auditorium we started placing the food in bags. I was on the mushroom team. We placed one package of mushrooms in each bag with a recipe slip. After we had finished all the bags we got to interact with some of the students at the school At my table I had 4 second graders. I really enjoyed getting the chance to hang out and talk with the students. My group at the table had so much fun and we were able to get all the kids at our table to try the healthy snack. We had to dance for 10 seconds though it was the only way we could convince them to eat the snack. I look forward to doing this kind of work again.

No comments:

Post a Comment