Sunday, April 12, 2015

Putting myself in their shoes

Put yourself into the shoes of the Younger family. What do you think it would be like to live in a tiny, three-room apartment with three generations of your family, without the choice or resources to move elsewhere?
Thinking of living with three generations of my family in a three room apartment is terrifying. I would want more than anything to get out. It would just make me feel trapped. The thought of not having a choice, that my race and skin tone was affecting my chance to have basic living conditions. I consider basic living conditions space, privacy, and comfort. Living with that many people can't be comfortable and there is definitely no space and privacy. I feel bad for the family. I see the family as not complaining about it though. They are strong willed and what good does complaining about something you can't change do?

No comments:

Post a Comment